Faculty Position: Intensive English Program Instructor
LCC International University, Klaipėda, Lithuania
Position Summary: LCC International University in Klaipeda, Lithuania invites applications for a full-time teaching position in the Prerequisite Intensive Module in English (PRIME), the university’s Intensive English Program. The position involves teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses in PRIME, including Introduction to University Writing; Listening, Note-taking, and Discussion; and Academic Reading and Vocabulary.
The purpose of PRIME is to help students improve their academic English language skills and to prepare them for B.A.-level studies at LCC International University. Incoming PRIME students are Intermediate or Upper Intermediate level (B1 or B2). Class sizes range from 15-19 students.
- Teaching EAP courses in PRIME.
- Serving as an advisor to selected students.
Responsibilities may include:
- Teaching general English classes to adults and young learners in the community.
- Teaching First-Year Seminar.
- Teaching Written Composition or Academic Writing (Freshman writing requirements).
- Master’s degree in TESOL or a related field, such as English education, linguistics, English, reading, or literacy.
- Preferably 3- 5 years of experience teaching, especially experience teaching English for Academic Purposes.
- Demonstrated commitment to education that is student-centered and shaped by a Christian worldview.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of a culturally diverse student body.
The University: LCC International University is a fully-accredited liberal arts university located in the port city of Klaipeda, Lithuania. Instruction is in English, and the campus is residential. Our 650 students from divergent faith backgrounds come from over 60 countries for an education modeled on the North American liberal arts college with a Christian worldview.
Application and Appointment: To apply, complete the LCC application. The application will require submission of your CV. Questions about the position or the department should be directed to Gretchen Ketner, PRIME Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Diverse international environment
- Friendly and supportive team
- Professional development opportunities through Erasmus +
- Research funding
- On-campus housing or housing stipend
- One roundtrip airfare
- State healthcare and accident insurance
- 40 work days of vacation / year
- Lithuanian language courses