Faculty Position: Academic Composition Instructor
LCC International University, Klaipėda, Lithuania
Position Summary: LCC International University invites applications for the position of a full-time composition instructor to begin in the Spring semester 2024 (January 4) or Fall semester 2024 (August 12). The position includes teaching university freshman composition courses, and may also include research and advising thesis students.
- Teach first year academic writing courses
- Advise thesis students
- Develop / expand a research agenda
- MA or PhD in TESOL, English, rhetoric, applied linguistics, or related field
- 2-3 years of teaching experience.
- Experience teaching writing to non-native English speakers in an academic setting; ability and willingness to adapt to a highly diverse international context
- Modest research agenda preferred.
- Commitment to liberal arts education within a diverse international context.
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centered teaching and learning from a Christian worldview.
The University: LCC International University is a fully-accredited liberal arts university located in the port city of Klaipeda, Lithuania. Instruction is in English, and the campus is residential. Our 650 students from divergent faith backgrounds come from over 60 countries for an education modeled on the North American liberal arts college with a Christian worldview.
The Department: The English Department offers the following degree program: BA in English Language and Literature. The department also houses the PRIME program – an intensive English program for pre-university students, Because of the international nature of the student body, there is especially ample opportunity for research in the areas of applied linguistics, sociolinguistics, writing instruction, and langauge acquisition.
Application and Appointment: To apply, complete the LCC application. The application will require submission of your CV. Questions about the position or the department should be directed to the department chair, Dr. Robin Gingerich, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to a CV and cover letter, qualified applicants will be asked to submit an application form, a one-page statement of teaching philosophy, and contact information of three professional references.
- Diverse international environment
- Friendly and supportive team
- Professional development opportunities through Erasmus +
- Research funding
- On-campus housing or housing stipend
- One roundtrip airfare
- State healthcare and accident insurance
- 40 work days of vacation / year
- Lithuanian language courses