ESSE Book Awards 2020
For books first published in 2018 and 2019 (date on imprint page of published book)
ESSE Book Awards Ceremony
Monday, August 31, 2020, 19.00 (CEST) via Zoom
Access details for the Zoom Meeting will be made available via the national ESSE representatives about two weeks before the event. Book Awards candidates will be notified directly.
In alphabetical order
English language and linguistics
- Amador-Moreno, Carolina P. Orality in Written Texts: Using Historical Corpora to Investigate Irish English 1700-1900. Routledge, 2019.
- Anesa, Patrizia. Lexical Innovation in World Englishes: Cross-Fertilization and Evolving Paradigms. Routledge, 2019.
- Lindsey, Geoff. English After RP: Standard British Pronunciation Today. Palgrave Macmillan, 2019.
- Leuckert, Sven. Topicalization in Asian Englishes: Forms, Functions, And Frequencies of a Fronting Construction. Routledge, 2019.
- Rodríguez-Puente, Paula. The English Phrasal Verb, 1650-Present. Cambridge University Press, 2019.
- Rüdiger, Sofia. Morpho-Syntactic Patterns in Spoken Korean English. John Benjamins, 2019.
Literatures in the English language
- Bowles, Hugo. Dickens and the Stenographic Mind. Oxford University Press, 2019.
- Rhodes, Neil. The Development of Literary Culture in Sixteenth-Century England. Oxford University Press, 2018.
- Richards, Jennifer. Voices and Books in the English Renaissance. A New History of Reading. Oxford University Press, 2019
- Saglia, Diego. European Literatures in Britain, 1815 – 1832: Romantic Translation. Cambridge University Press, 2019.
- Waller, Alison. Rereading Childhood Books. A Poetics. Bloomsbury Academic, 2019.
- Lombard, David. Techno-Thoreau: Aesthetics, Ecology and the Capitalocene. Quodlibet, 2019.
- Rodgers, Michael. Nabokov and Nietzsche: Problems and Perspectives. Bloomsbury Academic, 2018.
- Roy, Sneharika. The Postcolonial Epic: From Melville to Walcott and Ghosh. Routledge, 2018.
Cultural and area studies in English
- Das, Santanu. India, Empire, and First World War Culture: Writings, Images and Songs. Cambridge University Press,
- Paszkiewicz, Katarzyna Beata. Genre, Authorship and Contemporary Women Filmmaker. Edinburgh University Press,
- Roche, David. Quentin Tarantino: Poetics and Politics of Cinematic Metafiction. University Press of Mississippi, 2018.
- Prieto, Sara. Reporting the First World War in the Liminal Zone: British and American Eyewitness Accounts from the Western Front. Palgrave Macmillan, 2018.