Dr. Isil Bas, Istanbul Kultur University, Turkey
Dr. Maria Socorro Suárez Lafuente, University of Oviedo, Spain
Deadline: 31 May 2020.
The upcoming ESSE Messenger issue will concentrate on both the role of language in creating gendered identities and alternative “discourses” that envisage the existence and possibility of plural and variable existences and worlds that challenge traditional sexed and gendered polarities.
To that end we seek articles that address:
- Language as marker of gender identities
- Language as reflection of cultural patterns of dominance and subordination
- Use of language to construct dominant gender ideologies through history.
- Use of language to suppress the gender discourses through history.
- Gender-Appropriate Language
- Positioning in Gender communication
- Analysis of gender discourse to express personal identities.
- Possibility of linguistic “sex change”