To mark the centennial jubilee of the Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, the Faculty of Arts and the Slovene Association for the Study of English are organizing an international conference. Entitled A Hundred Years, A Thousand Meanings, the 5th SDAŠ conference will take place from 19th to 21st September 2019 at the Faculty of Arts in Ljubljana.
As the title suggests, the conference welcomes a critical discussion on the topics related to the development of anglophone studies over the last century, their place in the globalized societies of today, as well as the directions they may take in the future.
Proposals for papers are invited in the fields of literatures in English, linguistics, translation/interpreting, English language teaching, English for specific purposes, and cultural studies. Interdisciplinary research is strongly encouraged to convey as broad a range of insights as possible.
We are honoured to confirm the following plenary speakers:
- Michael Ashby, University College London, United Kingdom
- Patricia Ashby, University of Westminster, United Kingdom
- Lieven Buysee, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Alberto Lázaro, University of Alcalá, Spain
You are welcome to submit a proposal for a 20-minute presentation addressing the above topics. Abstracts of between 200 and 300 words can be submitted using Easychair. The due date for the submission of abstracts is 25th February 2019. Authors will be notified about the acceptance of their proposal by 1st June 2019. A selection of (reworked and expanded) papers presented at the conference will be published in the academic journal ELOPE.
- EUR 120: regular
- EUR 60: student (please email a copy of student ID)
- EUR 100: regular, SDAŠ members
- EUR 50: student, SDAŠ members (please email a copy of student ID)
- EUR 40: late registration fee (to be added to all registration fees after 15 July 2019)
- EUR 50: single day registration (non-participating visitors only)
- EUR 40: single day registration for members of the University of Ljubljana Alumni Clubs Association
Any enquiries can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.