Alien in LSP Classroom
An international publication providing guidance for LSP instructors
Deadline for submission: 31 July 2019
The Institute of Foreign Languages at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Brno, University of Technology, Czech Republic is issuing a call for papers on the role of the LSP teacher. We hope to collect papers by LSP practitioners that will make up an international publication providing guidance for other LSP instructors and enlightening them in their uneasy pedagogical efforts. Papers’ topics may include:
- Curriculum developments, where there are usually very few guidelines, composing one’s own materials, and tailoring course design.
- Instructors retraining themselves and finding out and staying in touch with
the demands of the target discipline.
- Reflection of student’s needs and employers’ requirements.
- Teaching discipline-specific cultural competencies (including specific corpora) when the instructor is a linguist outside of the target discipline.
- Developing active and self-evaluative learners as most of their future language learning will be done by themselves.
- Community-based learning, cooperation with experts, project-based learning while approximating the real-world workplace.
- Use of any technologies mediating the teacher-student relationship.